Opening of a manufacturer in Boulder, Colorado. Golf Jobs Worldwide brings you this job, along with others, in the golf business.
Since our company’s founding in 2000, we at KJUS have successfully pursued our objective of creating the best ski, golf, and lifestyle wear. We create award-winning clothing with performance-enhancing features and are renowned for our uncompromising innovations.
Our workplace culture is built on the shared love we have for our brand and the sports industry. We all share the conviction that, no matter how excellent our job is, we can always do better, and this notion helps to sustain our mutually supportive, extremely good work atmosphere. We are always seeking for motivated professionals.
KJUS was purchased by Acushnet Company in July 2019. Sportwear constructed of cutting-edge, high-performance materials and featuring a distinctly modern design is known as KJUS. KJUS continues to advance, developing with every seam, fabric, and component thanks to its passion for golf and unwavering vision.
The Acushnet Company (Titleist | FootJoy) is the world leader in the design, development, production, and distribution of golf apparel and equipment that is performance-driven and is renowned for its high-quality standards. We consider ourselves to be the most genuine and long-lasting organization in the sport of golf because of our dedication to discerning and committed golfers and the golf stores that cater to them.
The General Manager and Administrative Director are in need of the Administrative Assistant’s expert administrative support. accountable for successfully managing several projects in a department with tight deadlines while setting priorities and meeting them.
Support the general’s and director of administration’s administrative needs, as well as those of other employees including the managing editor, design director, production director, and circulation manager. Execute all required administrative tasks, including planning and organizing trips. writing letters (thank-you notes, etc.) meeting all printing, copying, and mail functions processing all bills, orders for goods, payments for dues and subscriptions,
keeping tabs on spending, and creating budget reports.
- Expert in handling customer calls and emails to address issues with professionalism, effectiveness, and compassion
- Utilize professionalism and provide exceptional customer service when evaluating, processing, and concluding warranty claims.
- Account Billing
- Support for maintaining data integrity, availability, and accuracy of inventory across all business systems, including salesperson samples
- Keep track of orders, correspondence, invoices, and payments for customers.
- Enter and handle pre-orders
- Continuous follow-up and communication with a third-party logistics partner
- assemble sales data and reports to aid the sales team.
- Keep up a thorough knowledge of the product ranges
- Keep up-to-date on corporate policy about products and service policies.
- Make contact with customers and agents to get sales, product, pricing, and inventory information from the sales team.
- Supporting the departments of sales, marketing, and operations with general administrative tasks
- help with accurate, prompt order fulfillment and shipping both locally and nationally.
- help with processing orders and reorder requests
- help with the warranty procedure
- Work at trade show displays and occasionally lend a hand at golf or skiing tournaments. Coordinate with marketing and e-commerce on direct-to-consumer promos, events, etc.
- a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two to three years’ experience in customer service or e-commerce. 3-5 years of experience and an associate’s degree
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, a client-focused mentality, reliability, adaptability, and a high level of dedication.
- proficiency with Microsoft Office and Outlook
- the capacity to maintain composure, maintain perspective, be patient, and maintain a high quality of service
- well-organized and collaborative
- a love of the outdoor sports sector